Sailors Take Warning. Gloucester, MA. Stormy Fall Sky.
- Low stock - 1 left
- Inventory on the way
This is an original painting that is signed by Jane M. Mason.
Notes From The Artist...
I loved the tide pools and the energy of the sea in this scene as I watched the sky darken. It reminded me of the history of Gloucester, MA. Days such as this with a stormy feel and a damp cold wind, could be a harbinger of rough weather. The lives of sailors and fisherman were fraught with danger everyday. Yet the anxiety must have hung especially heavy in their homes when they were away on stormy days.
To me this painting is a story of patience, endurance, and a love of the sea.
- Dimensions: W 14" x H 10"
- Year completed: 2020
- Media: Watercolor
- Genre: Realistic
- Key Colors: Purple, blue, brown, tan, gray
- Paper: Arches 140#
- Signature: On the front in pencil and on the back
- Packaging: You will receive the painting itself. It will be wrapped in archival materials. It will not be framed or matted.
- Descriptive words: Stormy sky, Gloucester, MA, fisherman, sailor, tide pool, shoreline, watercolor, landscape, seascape, foreboding,