After Edward Potthast, Playmates
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
This is an original painting that is signed by Jane M. Mason.
Notes From The Artist...
A watercolor painting by Jane M. Mason after an oil painting by Edward Potthast names"Playmates." It features two young girls and their dog on the beach.
Edward Potthast was an American artist particularly well known around Cincinnati, Ohio. Many of his works, including the original of this one, are in the collection of the Cincinnati Art Museum. Many of his paintings are breezy beach scenes.
The original of this painting by Potthast was smaller than my version, and was painted in oil. His original is 30" x 20". Mine is in watercolor and is 10.5 x 9.25".
- Dimensions: W 10.5" x H9.25"
- Year completed: 2021
- Media: Watercolor and white gouache
- Genre: Watercolor painting after the oil painting by E. Potthast
- Series: "After" favorite artists of Jane's
- Key Colors: Blues, yellows, browns, pinks
- Paper: Arches
- Signature: On the front in pencil and on the back
- Packaging: You will receive the painting itself. It will be wrapped in archival materials. It will not be framed or matted.
- Descriptive words: Edward Potthast, beach, children on beach. 1920s, Cincinnati, dog